Monday, January 22, 2007

Pork Adobo take one, success


Following my Nana's instructions (which you can implement into any form of adobo, be it beef, chicken or pork), I decided to use the pork we had in the freezer. I remembered that this time around, it was not necessary to use half a bottle of vinegar (ackkk!).

The result? Pure goodness. Just like Nana made it. But what was missing? Whole Black Peppercorns like Nana puts in hers! My family enjoyed it. Well, my husband, who is a rice-a-phobe enjoyed it this time around. Not fond of the rice, but liked the meat nonetheless. And I am sorry, but I just cannot serve adobo without rice. It's just wrong!

Next on my menu is learning how to make Nana's pancit!

5 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you too... it has to be served with rice! It looks fabulous!

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pancit! Droooooool.

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I think you need something green!

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Green doesn't really go with this dish, but if you're really wondering, we usually always have a side salad for some green in our lives. I just don't don't post pictures of those because well...it's a bagged salad and how boring is that?? Plus I did not even make it! ROFL!!!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

looks like perfection to me too! and those brownies below? they look awesome! yum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home