Friday, November 17, 2006

Chicken Adobo take two, Nana's recipe

Okay, so I called my Nana again and got the directions on how to make her adobo. This is how she does it:

1. Set aside pork or chicken (if large pieces chop up according to your desires) in a bowl with vinegar (not too much as my Nana says, but enough- you be the judge), water and paprika (again, you be the judge). Chop up onion (preferably yellow, but white will do), and garlic. Put chopped garlic and oil in skillet and cook til just browned, then add the chopped onion and cook til it wilts. Add 1 bay leaf.

2. Add chicken/pork in water, vinegar, paprika mix to the onion/garlic/bay leaf mixture and salt and pepper to your desire. Cook til it simmers down into a semi-thick sauce, serve with rice.

This batch came out good looking, but I added too much vinegar. (Hey, I'm still learning here!) Overall it was good though. YAY! I have my Nana's recipe down (almost!).

Here are some pictures!

Nice and orangey from the paprika (think I added a bit too much too, but hey!):



I LOVE this picture, you can see the steam rising from the bowl if you look close enough!


4 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

mmm, that looks great - I love that last picture too! so when you put the chicken in the bowl, do you cover it all with water? and then add like what - a 1/4 cup of vinegar or more? thx to your Nana, I'm so making this!

 
At 6:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, that's what I need to do next time. I don't know WHAT I was thinking...I used wayy too much vinegar. Let me know what you think of it when you do try it! :)

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

That looks like a great 'rainy night' dish!

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, did you hear about all the rain we've been getting here?? I hope you guys aren't too rained in when you come to WA next month!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home