Wednesday, September 19, 2007

What's been on your menu lately?

I haven't taken any pictures because I am constantly forgetting (including forgetting the camera at the soccer game, so it's not just food I am forgetting here!), but I am trying to break out of the old and put a little more variety into our dishes.

A couple of weekends ago I was in a mood for bruschetta and a light salad. My husband grilled up some pork chops and I made some bruschetta with EVOO, garlic and tomato (forgot the basil but it was good anyhow). The salad I made was iceberg lettuce (which I realize has no nutritional value but I was in a mood for an "old school" salad), cucumbers, and the rest of the bruschetta mix I had left over. It was a nice dinner and even my husband liked it.

Last week I made a Cream of Celery type of dish with chicken breasts. It was rich but it was very good.

On Monday night I made a Lime-Garlic Chicken Breast with garlic butter pasta and green beans (steamed but kept crunchy) with some lemon drizzled over them and lemon zested on them. It was absolutely delicious. The garlic butter pasta was a hit with my finicky eater.

I just get bored of the same stuff over and over again and I know my family appreciates it when I try to create new things, so there you go. Lately it's been a lot of salad and chicken and they are burnt out on that. We've been eating more fresh green beans and some broccoli (although by the time I want to cook it, I find most of it gone because my husband loves to take it to work with Ranch dressing).

Tonight? I'm going to make Pork Adobo with Thai Jasmine Rice and sugar snap peas. We haven't had adobo in a long time!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:51 AM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Oh I love bruschetta! We make it quite often, once a week or so with lot's of garlic! I haven't been making any creations lately just basic simple stuff. I'm in a food dip or something. Last night was plain ole' spagetti out of a jar with some hamburger and noodles. With hubby away I am less prone to cook big meals.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love making up menus! I post mine on my blog in fact. So far this week I've made a chicken sausage pasta, pork burgers with slaw, and a lemon chicken salad.

The lime garlic chicken sounds good. I do a pork chop with a lime, garlic, and cilantro sauce. You have given me the idea of trying it with chicken.

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Fabulous meals are going on at your house. I'm picturing it in my mind---and they all look delicious!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Sue said...

I JUST made chicken adobo. I LOVE it. I served it with brown basmati rice and this fabulous Red Rice. THAT is sooooo good and you just cook both with double the water for 45 minutes, covered tightly on low heat.

I made eggplant too, which maybe your eaters don't like, with penne early in the week and then tried to stretch it out. I almost made it until the end of the week, but not quite...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home