Chicken/Pork Adobo (another variation)
This variation sounds pretty easy too, it's a bit different from my Nana's variation, but I think I may try this one sometime soon.
Chicken and Pork Adobo
* 1 cup distilled white vinegar (or cider vinegar)
* 1 cup water
* 2 tablespoons peeled and crushed garlic
* 2 teaspoons salt
* 2 pieces of bay leaves
* half teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* 1 pound chicken, cut into serving pieces, Chinese style
* 2 pounds pork butt, cut into cubes
* soy sauce
Add vinegar, water, garlic, salt, bay leaves and pepper into a large casserole. Bring to a boil.
Add the meat, cover and bring to a boil. Simmer and cook for about 30 minutes.
Sprinkle liberally with soy sauce and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Remove meat and reduce sauce.
Remove sauce to a bowl. Put oil into the casserole and brown cooked meat.
Drain oil from the casserole, and return the reduced sauce back with the meat.
Serve with rice.