Thursday, August 31, 2006

Happy Blog day 2006!

Here I am, chiming in late, my apologies. Over the past month and a half I have joined a few webrings, one of them being Foodie Blogs, and I was able to read other interesting food blogs through there. I had a few on my favorites list prior to joining the blogrings, and I'll compile a list of my favorites, in no particular order!

Lori at Desserts Come First, is the author of a blog celebrating desserts as well as the delight of dining experiences. What drew me to this blog was that it featured some Filipino links along with it, and well, I'm half Filipino, so nuff said! Not only does Lori provide mouth-watering details of what she had at certain restaurants, but she also provides pictures to show us! Everytime I visit her blog, I'm constantly craving something sweet!

Everything Rachael Ray highlights Rachael Rays recipes put to the test, along with articles and other blogs that mention RayRay (as I call her!). Oh, and someday, those knifes she cuts with? I will order them. Someday...*sigh*.

Who doesn't like cupcakes? 52 Cupcakes is a blog focusing on cupcake recipes and features the author's very very adorable American Bulldog, Layla, who Mini-Pie absolutely adores (as well as myself). It would be very hard for me to not want to treat Layla to some yummy cupcakes- she's got the sweetest, most adorable face! Of course I love dogs, but I also LOVE cupcakes. I love cake in general!

I found my next blogger's blog, Vanilla Garlic, through Foodie Blogs and it brings me back everytime to the cuisine in Northern California. I'm a bit of a snob and I can't help it, but reading his blog and seeing his reviews make me jonesin' for some NorCal food! In any case, maybe someday they will come out with a bacon-flavored ice cream?? ;) I'm considering making a Vanilla Garlic rub and trying it out on some tri tip someday! ;)

I can't forget my good friend up in the Yukon who actually got me started on the foodie blog kick, Not Just Cheesecake gives many different recipes and she also posts pictures along with her recipes! I started this blog as a joke, but in the end I decided to keep it and was inspired by her blog.

So to everyone, I hope you had a great Blogger day of 2006, and here's to another year of blogging!

6 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger christine said...

That's a great list! I have 3 of those in my favorites (vanilla garlic, dessert comes first and 52 cupcakes) and am excited to explore the other two. Glad I found your site from the comment you left on Lori's blog. :)

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hi Christine! I'll check out your blogs someday too! I see you like Badminton, that's a family fave here (my mom's side- the Filipino side), as well! :D

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

hey thanks pie. I've been behind lately but home to get posting again. I have a whole garden entry I'd like to do with pictures.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'll be on the lookout! Hope you are feeling well! :D

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Alice said...

bacon ice cream?

been done

the guy from the Fat Duck's been doing bacon and egg ice cream for years.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That was kind of an inside joke...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home