Sunday, August 20, 2006

Review for Crockpot Chicken Adobo recipe below

I should have read the reviews before making it, but we all didn't care too much for it, there is just something missing in it. I know I'm picky because I only like the way my Nana makes Adobo, but this just seemed too vinegary and too much soy sauce. And I didn't have to cook it for that long- probably because I used boneless chicken breasts and Pork loin (yes I changed the recipe a little). I think the thing is, my Nana doesn't use soy sauce in her Adobo recipe...so it didn't taste much like Adobo to me. Of course, it's true that people have different variations of Adobo, but this one I did NOT care for.

Next time I may try it without putting it in the crockpot. After we get through the leftovers I have, I will be making Crockpot Cheeseburger Sandwiches, but changing around a few things (not using processed cheese is the biggest change- blech). Here is the recipe:

1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef

1/2 t. garlic pepper blend

1 (8-oz.) pkg. process cheese spread, diced

2 T. milk

1 green pepper, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, minced

8 sandwich buns

Brown ground beef with garlic pepper blend until cooked in a skillet, drain. Combine cooked meat and all remaining ingredients in crockpot EXCEPT the buns.

Mix well and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.

To serve, spoon into sandwich buns.

Til next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home