Friday, August 18, 2006

Crockpot mania!

When I pulled my crockpot down from the cabinet last week, for some reason I am somewhat obsessed with using it instead of cooking the old fashioned way. It occured to me that it was because...
  • Using a crockpot doesn't require me to continue to stir or fry up something
  • I can slow cook the hell out of a roast and it will come out 10x more juicy than it does in the oven
  • The amount of leftovers is astounding
I'm convinced that my crockpot is the BOMB! How could I just let it sit there and collect cobwebs?? Seriously?? This makes my life 10x more easier. Of course, I love to cook, but for some reason, this week I have been feeling extra lazy about cooking, so I haven't had the desire to do so. Maybe it's because I'm on a break from school, I don't know.

I slowcooked our spaghetti sauce (Prego jarred, shhhh!) with browned up ground beef and it came out so delicious. Next week I plan on trying this recipe for Slow Cooker Adobo Chicken that I found:

Ingredients:
  • 1 small sweet onion, sliced
  • 8 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 3/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup vinegar
  • 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
Directions:

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a small bowl mix the onion, garlic, soy sauce, and vinegar, and pour over the chicken. Cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours.

I'll post a review after I cook it. It looks so simple!

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

OOOh - thanks. I LOVE my crockpot and need new recipes.

We do pork in there a lot - usually a Boston Butt but a tenderloin will work as well. Just toss it in with about a fourth to a half a cup of whatever liquid you want (water, beer, apple juice) and cook on low for 8 hours.

Pulled pork on a bun - ymmmmmmmm!!!

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh I forgot how good Apple Juice would be with a roast! Thanks for the idea! I'll be posting more crockpot recipes as I try them! :)

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger ©Jac said...

We LOVE our crockpot too, but rarely get creative! It's just so easy to use!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home