Monday, August 28, 2006

And I'm back...with some frugal tips!

Mini-Pie is healing up very well and her permanent tooth that is behind a loose tooth is pushed back into place, just like the dentist said it would be.

Anyhow, last Thursday my husband and I celebrated four years of marriage and Friday we celebrated eight years together. We were really broke, so I created a frugal anniversary dinner from the heart. I made a homemade spaghetti sauce for the first time ever, just using canned tomato sauce, some garlic and oil. I accidentally burnt the garlic that was sauteeing, but added it, and my husband loved it, I hated it. It had a very roasted/rustic taste to it. I spent a total of $3 and some change for some yummy baguette bread from the local grocery store and added that to our meal, as well. I lit some candles and put on soft music and we enjoyed a meal together. It was a nice and cheap way of celebrating our anniversary together! Here's a picture of my table setting for dinner that night. I'm no good at setting tables, but hey, it's the thought that counts, no?


2 Comments:

At 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Your table is lovely. :-)

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home