Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Liquid diet suggestions, anyone?

My poor little girl took a bad spill off of her bike today and we spent 4 hours between the ER and the dentist office trying to get answers. Well, we ended up with none, and she has a massive gash in her gums and her one fully out permanent tooth and the baby canine right beside it are protruding farther out than they did before. Her one other permanent tooth that is behind the baby tooth (that is loose) has been bumped further back, so we're both kind of worried about what will happen. We will get more answers hopefully tomorrow morning after we get into her regular dentist office (the dentist we saw was NOT her regular dentist and was a pompous ass to boot). This is the only decent picture I have of the teeth because the auto zoom on our digital camera SUX!


In any case, Mini-Pie cannot eat solid food too well. She was able to chew through a hamburger late tonight, but mostly needs to be on a liquid diet. For some reason, my mind is kind of blank right now and I have absolutely no ideas on what I can give her besides the typical milkshake with protein route. What about warm foods?? What do you suggest??

I appreciate it, and I'll be back to regular blogging eventually...

5 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Renée said...

Poor kid, man that looks painful. As for liquids, I loved icy banana/strawberry/orange juice/blueberry smoothies when I was pregnant. Blend a bunch of the ingredients together until smooth. I bet a scoop of vanilla ice cream or two added would make it pretty kid-friendly!

 
At 6:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I wonder if veggies and ice cream would taste good together?? Hmm...LOL. We've been doing the Carnation Instant Breakfast route, and she was able to hold chicken nuggets and fries down today. Not the most healthy thing, but it was better than the other. I think I may just make her some soup and puree it tonight.

Thanks! :)

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger ©Jac said...

Awwww! Have you been back tot he dentist? What's the word?

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh yes, update is that she should be okay cosmetically speaking because the roots of her two permanent teeth affected are not even, what's the word, there yet. Developed...there we go. Because she mostly has all of her baby teeth and the roots haven't developed for the two permanent teeth she should be okay...thankfully. As for the gash, it's healing already but we need to watch it for any abcesses or infections. Tomorrow she goes in to have a sealant put on her back 6 year molars as protection, but has no cavities. Thankfully she was able to hold down REAL food tonight!!!

Thanks for asking about her, I appreciate it!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger jouettelove said...

poor thing! I hope she is feeling better and better, I'm glad she can eat real food now - I would have been drinking milkshakes galore! glad she is going to be okay, hugs mama.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home