Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The perfect pick-me-up

I am still working on a couple of assignments that are due tomorrow and knew I needed some energy to get through it, of course, I take the bad route (caffiene) and after picking up the kid from school, drove to the coffeeplace nearby. In celebration of Fall, I decided to try a Gingerbread Latte and decided to accompany that with a slice of some homemade Pumpkin Bread that I made last night. Pure heaven.

On school...this block has really done me in. I mean, unless you're majoring in Economics, who actually understands "Economic Theory"?? Or "Political, Legal, & Ethical Issues in Business". The latter was actually an elective to gain 3 more points towards graduation, but since I am a Business major, I figured it would be best to take this course. The only problem with that is, every "block" (which consists of two classes) is 9 weeks long. Trying to learn Law 101 in the Business World in 9 weeks is no easy feat and is actually quite harder than I thought it would be, but I am plugging along, and trying my hardest. I just have to remind myself that after this block I have a three week break, and then I have one block left of school. After that, I will finally have obtained a degree after almost 10 years of being out of high school (Class of 1997, yeah! Hahaha). It's an Associate's, and it's better than nothing, but the gameplan still remains. I plan on taking 9-12 months off to look for a job that is full-time and get myself integrated in the working world again (and trying to get my daughter used to the idea that Mommy is not going to be a stay-at-home mom much longer). My goal is to be able to go to school part-time, and pay out of pocket. The very thought of taking out anymore loans is not only discouraging, but a scary thought. I don't want to spend the next 30 years paying off student loans. I'd rather spend 30 years paying off a mortgage.

It's a good debt, no? I keep trying to tell myself that.

In the meanwhile, I am plugging away, with the help of caffienated beverages, moral support from my loved ones, and a nice grade-point-average (3.69 isn't too shabby, but I'm aiming for a 3.71 before I graduate, however, I don't see it happening at this point).

5 Comments:

At 4:58 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm, pumpkin bread.
As for classes, best of luck. I just spent the day running around trying to put together my transcripts for my application to grad school.

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Loans F*ing suck..that's why I'm having work pay for mine...though over the course of many years ;)

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Yummy! Pumpkin bread sounds so good!

And you should be so proud of yourself! You are working your butt off woman! You're almost done! Plug along little engine that could! :)

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Garrett, OOH!! Good luck! That is awesome!

J, man, you're telling me. That's why I want to work and do school part-time. It may take longer but I'll be able to pay out of pocket.

Mazen, The pumpkin bread was good but I'm trying to figure out how to get it from being so "crusty". The crust is so blech. Thanks! :)

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

you are going to be great at school, good luck with balacing it all, i know you can do it. and i can not wait to make that pumpkin bread ... in fact, i think i will bake it tomorrow!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home