Saturday, February 17, 2007

Soup's On

My husband is sick and my daughter is fighting off a cold/flu. My sinuses are still clogged despite doing everything I could to drain them (thanks Sinu-Cleanse, a tip given to me by the lovely Vinegar Martinis!).

I am going to just cook up a pot of soup. Instead of buying canned soups (full of preservatives and sodium, mind you!), I am going to take chicken broth and throw in some chopped up veggies (celery, carrots, onion, garlic) and add some leftover chicken breast I have to it. I really wanted to make Mommy Chef's Spaghetti Sauce (I have a hankerin' for that!), but even I feel too weak to get to the grocery store. I am going to try to make it tomorrow or Monday. I can't wait, I am craving some spaghetti!

Hope you all have a fun and hopefully healthy weekend!

3 Comments:

At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The perfect cure for the icky's is soup.. Good idea! I hope everyone feels better soon.

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you Kristen! Well, DH seems like he's coughing less, but DD is coughing more, but her fever is gone, thankfully. Earlier I felt it take a toll on my body so I went to sleep for a while. I couldn't move so I didn't get a chance to make the soup, so we ordered pizza, as in Domino's...gross. I took some Theraflu and am popping Vitamin C's like mad and using Cold-Eeze as well. Fingers crossed it goes away by tomorrow...I have too much to do.

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sher, I really want to try making your Hearty Veggie Soup someday. I will, eventually! That looks TOO good to pass up. We are feeling much better, and hopefully sometime this week or next week I will make those enchiladas you posted a while back! My husband is dying to try em! (me too!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home