Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Five foods (or dishes)

Five foods I will NEVER touch...

1. Goat
2. Brussel Sprouts
3. Foie Gras
4. Liver
5. Pig's Blood (aka "Chocolate" from my Filipino family members)

Five foods I am sick of at the moment...

1. Ground beef
2. Rice (ack! I know, such a no-no!)
3. Tomatoes
4. Honey Nut Cheerios
5. Russett Potatoes

Five foods I am craving...

1. Tri Tip
2. Salmon
3. Corn on the Cob
4. Cornbread (the sweet kind)
5. Banana Creme Pie

Five food ingredients I always have handy...

1. Onions/Garlic
2. EVOO
3. Flour/Sugar/Baking Powder & Soda
4. Many spices & extracts
5. Canned pumpkin (you never know when the mood for Pumpkin Bread is going to strike!)

Five foods I think I could give up permanently...

1. Ground beef (LOL, see a pattern here?)
2. Carrots
3. Oranges and pineapples (I should anyhow because of my acid reflux disease)
4. Most chocolate bars (I'm serious! I don't crave chocolate, I crave baked goods)
5. Coleslaw (ick)

Five foods I know I could never give up...

1. Most cuts of beef (except ground...I can give that one up!)
2. Chicken breasts
3. Salad (as long as there is Hidden Valley Ranch around)
4. Corn
5. Cake

If you feel the mood, I implore you to write down your "Five Foods or dishes" as well!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Goat, if done properly is not bad....Foie Gras on the other hand is pure heaven...so is marrow!!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am so not brave enough to go there! LOL!!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Musings on Second Life said...

I love this!
1. Pasta - fresh tomato sauce with copious amounts of garlic and fresh basil

2. Ice cream - Ben and Jerry's(Smores, Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Everything but the Kitchen Sink,)

3. Triple cream brie with french bread (most cheeses - can't do without)

4. Hot chocolate

Of course, wine and beer are on the list but I could live without if I had to!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home