Friday, October 10, 2008

The frost is on the pumpkin

Yesterday morning while on my way to work, it was 34°F. Brrrrr. I had to put my winter gloves on to drive, the steering wheel was freezing. This is typically my favorite time of the year but with the funk I've been in, I haven't been enjoying it as much as I would like to. However, there is one exception to that, and it's HALLOWEEN, which falls on a Friday this year. How excited am I? How excited is my daughter? We're going to take her trick or treating (which we have never done because it usually falls on a school night or something else was going on) and probably to any other community event going on. We love Halloween. My daughter will be dressing up as Raven from Teen Titans, found a costume online, which looks like this:

I will be dressing up as a devil, well, kind of. I got the horns, pitchfork, a bowtie (which I knew wouldn't fit around my thick neck) and a tail. In the beginning of the year I had always said I wanted to dress up as Roz from Monsters Inc, since I could do a wicked impersonation of her.


It wouldn't be that hard to pull off that look. LOL. Maybe I'll be Roz next year.

We'll be going to get our pumpkins soon and do the whole horror movie thing as usual. As you probably already know, I'm a sucker for the original Halloween (don't get me started on Rob Zombie's vision, well at least the second half of it!), so of course that'll be one I watch.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger diane said...

Hi I read your Oct 4 post. I know what you are talking about.I had panic attacks for over 20 years.They started in my 20s. Back then thay put me on valuim. I had 2 kids and realized the pills were a dead end. (I couldn't function)What finally helped me was a doctor who said"Your under too much stress. Get rid of the toxic people and things in your life." Hmmm such simple advice.And that any use of pills for me anyway was only masking the problem.I needed to get my life in order and take better care of myself.That was the best advice I got. The panic attacks are gone I might get a little anxious once in awhile but no full blown attacks.But that is only when very stressed.I hope you can find a solution for you.Keep positive thoughts.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

You've been Proximidaded! Come over and see.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home