Wednesday, August 09, 2006

El Cazador in Bellingham, WA (Restaurant Review)

This restaurant in Bellingham, Washington offers a wide variety of Mexican foods and a Cantina as well. The decor inside is bright and colorful, and the hosts/hostesses are warm, friendly, and very welcoming. The first time I went to El Cazador was last year with my sister. The waitress we had was very friendly and helpful. We ordered an appetizer (Nachos Con Carne), and then I ordered the Macho Burrito plate, which served with refried beans and Spanish rice on the side. The food was wonderful and the service was superior. We ended up ordering dessert, we ordered Sopapillas, which is a Mexican pastry that is soft and is topped with a sweet sauce (I believe it was honey that night), and we ordered Xangos, which is cheesecake wrapped inside a pastry tortilla and is drizzled with chocolate and other sweet sauces. I never had either before, and it was beyond delicious. Not too heavy but just right!

My husband took me there for our anniversary in August last year and we were serenaded by a Mariachi band, which embarrassed my poor husband, but I thought it was so sweet and nice. We plan on going again for our anniversary.

If you are ever on your way down from British Columbia, Canada (the Vancouver region) or are passing through to the Canadian border, stop by in Bellingham for a bite at this place!

My ratings:

5/5 on the food
5/5 on the prices
5/5 on the service

If I had five thumbs, they'd all be up.

You can visit their website, but it's the website for the Seqium location, but the menu is the same, the prices are generally the same, and you can view pictures of the decor, which is also the same. There are four locations in Western Washington, one in Bellingham, Oak Harbor, Seqium, and Mount Vernon.

The Bellingham location is located at:

190 E. Bakerview Road
Bellingham, WA 98226

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home