Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Pieomy's Fried Rice


Last night I wanted to make something a little different so I was playing around with the idea of making fried rice. My version is probably like anyone else's out there.

I have made fried rice in the past and this was the best batch I have ever made. It's simple too!


Ingredients:

1 medium to large sized onion of your choice (I wouldn't go with a red onion though), diced
1 full bunch of Green Onions/Scallions, chopped
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or "eyeball" it, as I do)
4 eggs, scrambled
1.5-2 cups of COOKED rice
Salt and pepper to taste

1. Heat a skillet with the oil and onions and garlic until you can smell them cooking and they are sauteed nicely. On another burner start preparing the eggs in a small skillet with oil or butter. Cook thoroughly and using the spatula you cooked the eggs with, dice up the scrambled eggs.

2. Add rice to the onion/garlic mixture and incorporate (I need a bigger skillet/WOK for this). After it's incorporated, add the scrambled eggs into the dish and let fry for maybe 3-5 minutes.

3. Let cool down and then serve.

I'm going to put Chicken in it next time! You can always add more veggies too, but I wanted it to focus on the flavors, which were really intense! I didn't even use salt, just pepper on the eggs and it was delicious!

1 Comments:

At 5:43 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Next time you come here I will make it! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home