Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Let's talk Spice storage!

I asked for advice elsewhere, but what do you like to use for your spices? I have very limited room and limited counter space, so I was trying to figure out what to do with all of my spices (which are currently spread out in three different cabinets!). My husband's grandmother gave me this plastic thing for the spices, but the problem is, they fall right through the slats on the bottom.

When you are limited on space in your cabinets, which product would you opt for more:

This one looks good, but I wonder how much of a space hog it is:


This one looks flimsy but hey, you could HIDE it!!!


Which one would you opt for? Or would you rather do something else? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ohh.. I too like my spices organized. I have 2 double-decker lazy susans in my cupboard. The top is only tall enough for those short little spices. And then I also have a single level one for my tall spice jars (the ones from Pampered Chef are tall). It took me awhile to find them, but Bed, Bath, and Beyond or LinensNThings...

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh that is COOL! That's what I have been looking for, but everything I am seeing is too small for my bigger spices. I may go check out BB&B! Thanks, Jane!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

That "Hide a spice" looks like it'd last 2 months before breaking ;)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You're probably right...I should stick with the other or what the person above mentioned.

Man did I get a tradeoff...I traded my open kitchen with space for a washer and dryer and dishwasher. Well worth it though!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home