Wednesday, October 11, 2006

28

28 years ago today, at this moment (12:20pm to be exact), I was born 20 days early. I weighed 6 lbs, 9 oz and was 18 or 19 inches long (my memory fails to serve me at this moment) and was a bald little baby.

Almost 7 years ago today, my daughter came into this world, but on her birthday I'll share that story with you. However, I will share that she had a full head of hair. When I was pregnant with her, I swore up and down she'd have my baldness curse, but I was wrong.

10 years ago today I was turning 18 and yelling, "WOOHOO! I'm LEGAL now! FREEDOMMMM!!" Today, I sit back and laugh at that. I think of all of the things we did on my 18th birthday and how I probably thought of how in 10 years, I'd be 28. I probably freaked out or thought something stupid. Now, I sit back and laugh at that. But 18! Wasn't that like yesterday??

Two days ago, I spoke with one of my oldest friends on the phone and asked her if she remembered what we did, ten years ago this week. She said, "Ohhh yeah, you got your cartilage pierced and tried to hide it from your mother!" When my mother went to touch my head that night (I guess for a hug or something), I cringed and said, "owww". She pulled my hair back and just laughed. All I can think of was, at least I didn't get my nose pierced, like I had been threatening to do since I was 16. My mom threw me a birthday BBQ and get together, then I went out to El Torito with my friends for dinner. Ahh, memories.

Tonight? I plan on doing a whole lot of nothing, except maybe some class reading (what a bummer. These chapters...killer, man) and cooking dinner. Maybe this weekend I'll catch a break.

7 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

You youngin' you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Really? You're birthday is 10-11? How fun! I hope you get to do something fun this weekend though!

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yup, today is my birthday! Thank you! :)

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you are having a great day! I'm writing it on my calendar this time!!

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Happy Birthday cool kid!! Nothing like spending a bday doing school work ;)

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thank you Siuan and J! :) I appreciate it.

Hey, at least I'm almost done with my homework for the week! ;)

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

I'm so sorry I missed this. Happy belated Birthday to you!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

No worries Jouette! :) Thank you! XO

 

Post a Comment

<< Home