Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hot cocoa with a twist

Yesterday marked one of the first of what I am sure is many cool and crisp days to come, now that Fall is here. After taking my daughter out (more like dragging her with me to run errands), we came home and were chilled to the bone from the cool weather outside. I decided to make some hot cocoa, and seeing as we didn't have any regular Hershey's cocoa powder, we did have that instant Cocoa mix stuff (I believe Carnation brand).

I made our mugs and added a pinch of pumpkin pie spice and a teeny pinch of nutmeg. Now, this may sound odd to you, but it had a very rich flavor to it. It was actually very comforting and nice. Had I any Peppermint, I would have added that instead. So, the next time you have some hot cocoa- try it! It's quite delicious!

2 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

I would've spiked mine with some peppermint schnapps ;)

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh yes! Encourage me to get all lushy! LOL! Just kidding! :D Actually that sounds good. Next time, for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home