Thursday, October 19, 2006

Meme- Welcome Dinner

I was tagged by Jeffrey at C is For Cooking for this virtual feast. While I am drooling over the thought of the food he prepared, I had to come up with a menu all of my own. I thought I'd put together a few of my favorite dishes for my guests, and hope they enjoy it, even if it's a bit, well, eccentric!

First course we'll start out with a light salad, the way my Grandma makes her salad, mostly consisting of orange and red bell peppers, but with a little bit of Romaine lettuce, as well as cucumbers for crunch. I'll leave the dressing choice up to my guests, but have the following (per my Grandma's suggestions): Italian, French, Thousand Island, and Ranch. This is served with a nice crispy baguette (and optional butter to the side for those who wish for butter).

Second course will be my oven-baked pork chops, seasoned with garlic olive oil, grill steak seasoning, and paprika. For my vegetarian or non-pork eating guests, I will serve you with grilled Portabello mushrooms drizzled in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned lightly with salt and pepper. Both are served alongside my Garlic Roasted Potatoes and fresh steamed asparagus.

Third course consists of my dessert, which I have chosen to make a Banana Cream Pie. For those not wanting the Banana Cream Pie, I have a fruit platter full of strawberries, pineapple, and red seedless grapes awaiting you.

To this, I invite:

Jeffrey, of C is for Cooking, of course! :)
Siuan, my friend from the Yukon and author of Not Just Cheesecake
Madeline, who shares my Rachael Ray love on Everything Rachael Ray
Kate, an old friend who recently escaped Surburbia
and
Garrett of Vanilla Garlic!

Enjoy! (And you all are tagged- except for Jeff, who has done this already!)

3 Comments:

At 6:21 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

mmm...pork chops!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmW_WGzKz1c

 
At 6:21 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

mmm...pork chops!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmW_WGzKz1c

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

This sounds so yummy!I can't wait. Pork chops are one of my favorits!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home