Monday, November 27, 2006

Comfort food for a cold day

This was not the best time to be stuck indoors. For one, bills of all kinds were due, but luckily for us, technology is on our side, allowing us to pay directly via phone or internet (except for rent, but I am sure our landlord, who is local, will understand if it's not postdated before the first). Secondly, we were due to pick up a bunkbed for our daughter, but that has to wait. And lastly, we really need to go grocery shopping. However, since I have food issues of all kinds, my pantry is pretty well stocked so we will be okay. The only things we have to conserve are milk and bread. Unfortunately I have no yeast, so I can't make our own bread, but if I need to, I'll make some pumpkin bread. Lord knows I have cans upon cans of pumpkin. But eggs, we're running out of those too. *Makes mental note.*

In any case, I decided we needed comfort food to get through this long day, so I am making beans and serving them with baked tortilla strips and some ground beef. To the beans in the crockpot I added:

-2 whole cloves of garlic
-liberal dashes of cumin and garlic salt

So we'll see how it turns out. I will be adding mixed veggies to it, as well, when all is said and done (cooked). Should be delicious, hopefully!

When all else fails, find stuff in your pantry and make do!

5 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmm, sounds good to me! Thanks for the kind note on my blog...glad you liked my picture.

xoxo - Bella the Boxer

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Sounds like some great winter food to me :D

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger jouettelove said...

sounds delish! definite comfort food. did it turn out well?

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah it came out pretty good! I oven baked up some tortilla strips, it was really good, shredded up some cheddar cheese and used up the last of the olives and sour cream! :)

Now I'm hoping we can get to the grocery store this weekend!!!!

 
At 5:33 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Stay warm!! Brrrr! And I'm jealous! Your dinner sounds really, really good! Mmmmm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home