Wednesday, November 08, 2006

German Apple Cake recipe by Tammie

My friend, Tammie, shared this recipe with me and gave me permission to post it. It sounds so delicious!

GERMAN APPLE CAKE

Set oven at 350 degrees

Prepare a 9 x 13 pan by spraying with non-stick spray or grease/flour. I prefer the non-stick spray. Spray bottom and sides.

Beat until foamy 2 large eggs and one cup vegetable oil. Add to egg mixture and then mix well:

2 cups sugar

2 cups flour

1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp vanilla

When that is all mixed smooth then add 4 cups of peeled and finely cup apples. I use granny smith, but can use goldens or others. And add 1/2 cup walnuts.

The batter will be very thick! Like cookie dough thick. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. It is always more like 45 for me, pull out when toothpick/knife comes out clean. If just a lil tacky that is fine, it will cook slightly a bit more once removed.

Let cool while you make icing: Beat together with electric mixer:

Package of cream cheese (the brick size)

3 tablespoons butter/margarine

1 tsp vanilla

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar

Cream together thoroughly. Frost cake while warm.

Note: I have done this as well with adding a lil can of crushed pineapple to the cream cheese mixture but just plain is great!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home