Friday, November 03, 2006

You get what you pay for

I recently ordered a new kitchen knife set from a website offering them at an astronomically cheap price. I figured maybe they would break sooner and thought, what the hell, I'll go ahead and order them. Well, after a month or so of use they are duller than ever. I can't chop veggies without having to really press down into the board.

Time for another set of knives. Our rusted Farberware knives we replaced worked better than the new set! I'm thinking something not too expensive but not so cheap it rusts or becomes dull within a month of use. I've always wondered about the Miracle Blade- any good reviews from that?

So there is one more thing to add to the old Christmas wishlist!

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

I don't know much about knives. LOL I have a set from when we got married 8 years ago. I basically don't use a ton of knives. We got a set of Wusthof knives that I LOVE. But honestly I really mainly use my Chef's knife. I use a paring knife and a serrated knife the next. Other than that I don't use much of anything. LOL Good Luck on the knife search! I always thought I wanted one of those Santoku knives. I bought a stupid Mario Batali one of Amazon and HATE it. I prefer the more traditional style of knife.

 
At 6:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have an Asian market nearby? DH got a cleaver-type knife at a Vietnamese market for CHEAP and he loves it. It's still in great shape and it's been a couple of years.

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Mazen, that is interesting! I always wanted one of those Santoku knives as well. I am dying for the Rachael Ray set. LOL!

Sher, Farberware holds up pretty good throughout the years, I do have to give it that!

Kate, I WISH we had an asian market nearby...maybe if I ever get a chance to get down to Seattle one of these days I can check them out over there. Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home