Recipe Review- Banana Loaf Cake
Recipe provided by Allrecipes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 very ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 5x9 inch loaf pan
- Mash bananas and add flour, sugar, butter, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda and egg. Mix well. Pour into loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 to 60 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
I added some spices because otherwise, it just would have been bland to me. I added 1/2 tsp of Cloves, 1/2 tsp Nutmeg and 1 tsp Cinnamon.
This was a VERY good and tasty loaf, but I think without the addition of the spices it just would have been bland. The only thing I am having trouble figuring out is how come my loaves are coming out more like breads, at least crust-wise. That's why I haven't ventured into making cakes from scratch yet. Inside is moist and soft and delicious but the crust turns out to be a bit crispy or not as soft as I would prefer it. I've tried turning down my oven, stopped using the baking spray (when I realized I had non-stick pans, durrrrr), put it in for less time, but it always comes out crispy. Any suggestions on how to fix that?
Here are some pictures:
The whole Banana Loaf Cake: