Sunday, November 05, 2006

Recipe Review: Stuffed French Toast

As promised, after watching the episode of $40 Day with Rachael Ray, I decided to make the Stuffed French Toast she had at Jack's Outback while visiting Cape Cod. I did have to cut the recipe down some because I wasn't making as much as it called for, and I did top it with different fruits (oranges and bananas as opposed to peaches, bananas and strawberries). I also omitted the powdered sugar.

Overall it was quite easy to make, but I will be honest, I did NOT care too much for it. I think it's the texture of the ricotta cheese. I tried whipping it as smooth as possible, but I couldn't get it. I bet it would taste good with cream cheese, but it would be richer than it is with the ricotta cheese. It's very tasty, but it's a very rich dish, and as Rachael said, it's like dessert for breakfast, which is why I made breakfast for dinner last night and this was our dessert. It got a huge thumbs up from my daughter, though! My husband liked it a lot as well, but also said it was quite rich. I didn't even use any syrup, that's how rich it was.

Maybe someday I will try it with cream cheese instead of the ricotta! Pictures for your viewing pleasure!


4 Comments:

At 10:56 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Was that EVIL RR stuffed French toast? ;) lol

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Awww but I love the evil Ray Ray. I can't help it!

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Ziz said...

maybe marscapone (sp) cheese would work well? I think it has a smooth texture without being as thick and gloopey as cream cheese. :) perhaps..lol.

 
At 12:45 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Ooh, that is a good point. I've never had Marscapone cheese, but I hear it's not quite as rich in texture or flavor as Cream cheese and is suited well towards desserty type of dishes. Thank you! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home