Saturday, December 29, 2007

Here's to another new year- 2008

Are you ready? Do you do Resolutions? I remember last year one of my resolutions was to get more healthy, and while I was doing well with my T-Tapp throughout the year, I managed to find myself a job and get completely off-track. I have managed to lose weight anyhow, mostly due to being so darn busy, and it's not a lot, but it's something. I definitely am planning on joining the local Curves or another local gym to get myself up and moving around even more in the New Year.

I know many people do not believe in Resolutions and find them pointless and I completely understand that notion. For me I look more at it as a goal than a "resolution". Goals are easy to make but can you keep them? I need more organization in my chaotic life, and I feel like maybe if I do some more goal setting I can be more productive and feel less stressed. So my GOALS for the next year are to tackle the problem areas in life: stress, finances and health. First, the stress- I need to slow down, and I am very guilty of running around like a chicken with its head cut off. I need to keep to small goals I can post for myself throughout the week so I can enjoy my weekends off and not feel rushed. Secondly, finances- we have to start saving. Right now life might be good but you must be on alert because nothing is forever. My husband is dealing with back pain and I am in the process of looking for a better job as I may need to be the breadwinner in the future and I am fine with that. We don't know what this back pain entails and we are going to get it looked at in the next month. I need to be prepared in case he needs to take time off from work, and in order for us to do that and to stay afloat, we must start saving now. Health is my last one. Health insurance is so damned expensive here it's hard to find something that will help take care of your pre-existing conditions. I am still in need of a partial hysterectomy as the Adenomyosis in my uterus is getting out of control, and I refuse to allow any GYN to ever put me on the Pill or any hormonal pill ever again. My legs now have permanent swelling going on due to taking the Yaz back in July-September. I need to take better care of that. And my dental health is something else I am focusing on. I have undergone a root planing and scaling operation (deep cleaning), have been flossing and brushing and making sure I do what I need to do, and just had my three remaining wisdom teeth pulled out a week ago (which I am still recovering from, not well, might I add! I am now on Penicillin and have to see the dentist next week to figure out why I'm still swelling, and it looks and feels like my gums have separated from the one loose molar that was in front of one of the removed wisdom teeth, and it feels as if my root may be exposed...lovely).

I wish you all a very good year and even if you don't believe in Resolutions, goals are good things to keep in mind. I found a very helpful website on SMART goal making, and hope this link helps in case you are interested!

Happy New Year's to you all- and be safe!

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At 9:04 PM, Blogger Sue said...

That all sounds like good plan. And the best part is that you've actually thought about some goals and how to make them happen. I better get busy with that...

Poor you with your teeth. Take care.

 
At 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do usually make resolutions for the New Year... I'll be posting mine shortly. All this time off work and it still seems like I never have time... although that's because I'm SO BUSY being lazy. Ha. Yep, need to work on that one!

Financial diet and saving money is THE resolution that is going at the top of my list. MAKING more money is, too.

And focus on health and weight loss are also big with me. I made huge progress last year in losing nearly 50 pounds and getting treated for my sleep apnea. Now I just need to continue CPAP treatment for the apnea and continue losing weight so that hopefully I can get my blood pressure down and not need meds for it and get my heart (not to mention my big behind and my giant jelly belly) into good shape.

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Sue, thanks, I keep telling myself that this too shall pass. At least I hope! Oy!

Titan, I am in need of a CPAP myself. I just don't have medical insurance yet. My husband just underwent a sleep study and he now needs to possibly get a CPAP as well. We both need to lose a LOT of weight too. Good luck to you!!!!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger jouettelove said...

happy new year, hunny! i know this will be a good and healthy one for you :)

 
At 6:29 PM, Blogger lemony said...

Happy New Year! Me, I'm planning to walk my dog more. Small goals, LOL!

xo

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger The Short (dis)Order Cook said...

I have been saying the same thing about resolutions vs. goals lately. Let's face it, resolve can fade, but the idea of working towards a goal can work. Do you think it's incompatible that my goals are losing 20 pounds and cooking at least two things I have never cooked before? ;-)

Good luck with all of your goals. You seem to have a really great plan to carry them out.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger RenĂ©e said...

so sorry about your teeth - I really hope you feel much better VERY soon. xo

Small goals - right. I'm with you there.

 
At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Happy New Year! I have my own resolutions, and I tried to keep them reasonable. My biggest goal is to lose a modest amount of weight each month. If I do that, I'll be a lot happier next New Year's Eve! And any amount of weight that you lose is a victory--so congrats on your weight loss!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home