Saturday, December 08, 2007

What in the world happened to you?

(You get bonus points if you can tell me who sang that mid 90's song, answer will be in the comments section in the next week or so if no one can pinpoint it!)

Wow, what a whirlwind the past week has been. First, we had our first snow here last Saturday, then we had a weird shift in the weather pattern and the snow melted and then we had a ton of rain. As most of you know, our neighbors to the south of us in Washington State are now dealing with clean-up from a massive flood and storm damage. Our hearts and thoughts go out to those affected.

Not much new in Foodie land, I have been very busy with work, home and PTO duties that I really have not had much of a chance to go out and do anything. I did get a chance to go out and have some fun last night at the Quarterback Pub near Western Washington University. By the way, their wings? AWESOME. And on Fridays they have special deals that tie in with their Karaoke night. So much fun. It's a fun place if you like to watch sports, with tons of big screen TV's everywhere, and many drinks to choose from and beers on tap (not that I'm into beer, blech!). I did try a "DuckFart" last night and that was very good. It's Irish Creme with chocolate syrup and Kahlua. Yummmmmm. Goes down nice and smooth. Looks pretty gnarly but it's a fun drink and sure tastes delicious (despite the disgusting name).

I have not had a chance to bake either, and I don't foresee myself going on any baking adventures anytime soon though (like the baking adventure I went on last year before Christmas- remember that?). However, now that we finally have a Trader Joe's in town (that I keep forgetting to go to! ARGH!), I am considering stopping in for some good white chocolate and maybe making some peppermint bark. If they decide to do a potluck at work, then I will definitely bake. I might end up baking anyhow...we shall see if I get in the mood!

Til next time!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 8:07 PM, Blogger Kristen - Dine & Dish said...

You are still swamped, huh? Do you ever get the feeling things will never slow down?

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Never...it's good to be busy, but I am really concerned about those holiday cards. Now if I could just remember to grab them on my way out the door...lol.

 
At 6:36 PM, Blogger truemusic53 said...

THE OFFSPRING! Sorry my favorite song and band.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home