Sunday, March 16, 2008

Few updates

I am currently in the process of trying to find a new look for my site and will be updating as soon as I do. It's just kind of hard to find the time to do it at the moment. I'm looking at revamping my entire site and even possibly changing the focus as well. It's mainly due to the fact that I don't blog a lot about food anymore, and I have always kept this blog up for both food and personal, but more so would like to just make sure that my readers understand that. It's kind of a rough time at the moment with regards to lack of creativity (both in the kitchen and blogging) and lack of time, and that is why I don't make promises I know I possibly won't be able to keep.

Baking has really taken a backseat since I have been working these past 6 months, and I really miss it. Part of it has to do with the fact that I absolutely HATE my kitchen and how small it is (no counter space, etc). We were considering moving, but right now with the way the economy is, we figure it's best to stick it out where we are currently, not to mention despite some differences I may have with my daughter's school administrators (not teachers, but others), I really do love the school and don't want her to have to say goodbye to her friends.

Speaking of my daughter, she just turned 8 on Friday and we just celebrated her birthday party. Once again, I went through a local vendor, Barb's Pies & Pastries, and she made my daughter's cakes and cupcakes for her party. She does such a wonderful job and I was really impressed with the Pikachu cake she made for my daughter:

Not only was it cute and adorable, but the cake itself (which was a banana cake with cream cheese frosting) was so moist and delicious! If you are in Whatcom County and are interested in ordering a cake (she does 1/4 sheet cakes for $20, I believe. Mine was higher because it was a specialty but WELL worth it!), you can call Barb's Pies & Pastries at 360-312-8978. My daughter happened to have one cupcake left over from her party she had at school and it was delicious! We've had other cakes done by Barb in the past and I've always been a fan!

More to come soon, hopefully. I am looking at trying Bayou on the Bay in downtown Bellingham next, if I can talk my husband into trying some Gumbo. We've never had that type of food, so I am interested in trying it.

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

Ahh - Happy Birthday to your daughter! That cake was adorable!!!

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Thanks Vinegar Martini! I loved the cake too...I have to remember to get a thank you card for the lady who baked it! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home