Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Oriento, Bellingham, WA

My husband and I finally had a date night recently and went out to dinner at Oriento, a Chinese restaurant here in Bellingham. We had it once before and really enjoyed it a lot, so when we were cruising around trying to find a place to eat, he said, "Want to go to Oriento?" I wasn't really in the mood for Chinese food (imagine that!), but I said, "Why not?". We went in and had a table in a little corner and no one else was around, it was real nice and quiet for us. We decided to order the meal for two again with the following:

I think this was Egg Flour Soup? I can't remember. It was okay, last time it was better, but I enjoyed it:



Egg Rolls, and Cream cheese wontons (gross, in my opinion, but the Egg Rolls were nice). And no, the Egg Rolls did not come like this, I just made it all pretty for the picture, heh:



Pork Fried Rice- I could eat this alone with nothing else and would be a happy girl. If you don't make the fried rice the way I like it- you'll never see me at your restaurant again. Fried rice is the *ONE* thing about Chinese food that has to be right or forget it (at least with me):



Beef Broccoli, this is different than the kind I eat in California but I really like Oriento's Beef Broccoli a LOT! It's very delicious and full of those water chestnuts which I love so much:



And last, it also came with Sweet & Sour Pork, which was absolutely delicious and tangy. Not too sweet and not too sour- just right:


Yum. We had so many leftovers it served as dinner for all three of us the next night, and under $40 with tip for two (and many leftovers later).

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, Blogger tammy said...

I just happened upon your blog. I agree with you about the fried rice.

 
At 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

IMHO, the Oriento is pretty fair chinese food but if you have issues with MSG ... BEWARE! While they promise no MSG is being served, my wife gets a huge head ache every time we have eaten there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home