Monday, July 21, 2008

It's that kind of day...a Monday, nevertheless

As most of you know I started a new job 6 months ago (today!). It's a wonderful company to work for but I will say it again- customer service is a hard department to work for. Any naysayers who think it takes no brain and no education might want to trade spots with me for a day. When you have unhappy customers and providers to deal with, it can make for rough sailing. Today was just one of those days where I felt like I wanted to bang my head into my desk. Plus there are changes in our quality assurance and everything which are understandable, but lately it's been challenging for a lot of us to deal with, so needless to say, it's been somber and our morale has been lowered due to it. We all push on though.

That coupled with the fact that I just don't care anymore. I just don't want to go to the chiropractor, or run the bazillion errands I have to run after work. Why can't I just come home directly from work for once? Seriously- I have something going on every day of the week after work and it's annoying. I must say it's gotten to the point where I don't even have three days out of the week that I can go to work out because there just is not time. Yeah, I know what you're thinking- Make time. And to that I say- pfft. No offense, but really- I had someone tell me that once and it took every fiber in my being to not tell the person to STFU because I am so burnt out it's not even funny.

There is a bright side to this story- my husband is finally on day shift and I'm shifting some of this burden onto him, whether he likes it or not. And he can complain all he wants- but I've been doing it all on my own for years, and it's his turn to help out now.

All this, and I can honestly say I can't friggin wait for Labor Day weekend when we get away from all of this! I am taking that Friday off too which will be great!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:20 PM, Blogger blue49huthut said...

Hi honey, sorry you had a hard Monday. You sound very tired. Are you not sleeping well? I am glad Henry's shift change came through. Maybe you could consider changing your shift too.. if the early hours are getting too hard on you. Time may be more readily available too. Just a thought... I am tired, but when I saw your new post I had to read it. Hang in there, honey. I love you. I'll talk to you later.
Mom XOXOXO

 
At 6:43 AM, Blogger Sara Beth said...

hey you. sorry to hear all this also.. we all have our days though and isn't it nice to just vent?
i heart you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home