Monday, October 16, 2006

Aha!

I was trying to figure out what the Pumpkin Bread I posted about before was missing, and it seems less pumpkiny than I would like it to be, plus it calls only for brown sugar so it's not as sweet. It's just more hearty than anything. I found a few recipes that I want to try out and when I do, I plan on sharing my thoughts and pictures on here, but here's one that seems to get very very good reviews:

Pumpkin Bread IV- All Recipes

INGREDIENTS

  • 3 cups canned pumpkin puree
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
  • 4 cups white sugar
  • 6 eggs
  • 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour three 9x5 inch loaf pans.
  2. In a large bowl, mix together the pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves; stir into the pumpkin mixture until well blended. Divide the batter evenly between the prepared pans.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour. The top of the loaf should spring back when lightly pressed.

Variations

Add raisins, mini chocolate chips (the best), pecans, or walnuts.

Cloves was another thing I was missing, as well, and I had it right in front of my face! So I shall try this recipe, perhaps this weekend, and will post how it turns out.

I don't know about you, but all of this pumpkiny goodness is wonderful! Per a friend's blog, I found a new recipe website I wanted to share with everyone too- Diana's Desserts, I can't wait to try a few of her recipes! They all look so tempting!

Truly, this is the best time of year to me, not only is the scenery gorgeous (I love the fall foiliage), but I gather a lot of comfort from baking hearty foods. As much as I love to eat them, there's just more to it when I actually mix and bake the foods. It kind of gives more meaning, if you know what I mean. I'm a baker more than a chef, and watching people enjoy my baked goods is something that means a lot to me.

5 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so loving all this pumpkin. I made another one from Diana's site last night:

Pumpkin Bread

I accidentally used salted butter, but it's still okay. I used the optional chocolate chips, too (of course!). I was afraid when I first tasted it that it wasn't going to be that good, but after cooling over night, it's delicious. I even grated the nutmeg and ground the cloves my own self. Yay, me.

Tonight I'm going to make pumpkin fudge. I can't decide if that sounds good or gross. Stay tuned...

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I am loving this side to you!!! :D

BTW, Siuan posted her Pumpkin Fudge on Not Just Cheesecake (see my links). It looks like it's to DIE for!

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Mazenbloo said...

Omgosh! I am SO gonna be making this soon! I'm salivating at the thought!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger wheresmymind said...

Rasins??? Either that or dates in mine please :D

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Mazen, it's the perfect time for it too...have a nice cup of tea (I recommend a Cinnamon tea) with it!

J, You know, I may just try making one of the loaves with raisins and pecans in it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home