Sunday, February 03, 2008

Overpriced pizza

About a week ago I met up with some of my former co-workers for a get together at the Round Table Pizza in Sunset Square in Bellingham. I've been to Round Table Pizza in the past in California and never really paid attention to the price of pizza there, because it was usually with my family. Anyhow, I ended up buying two x-large pizzas (King Arthur Supreme and the UltaMeat) and I spent over $55 on two x-large pizzas! WOW! They were good, but overpriced. Another gripe we had was how long it took to get our pizzas. One of my friends waited the longest, I believe it was about a half hour, and was not pleased.

I thought it would be a fun place to go to, but they lack games and other fun stuff to do there, and the space itself is somewhat small. We might get a pizza to go from there down the road, but I highly doubt it. I still can't believe I spent over $55 on two x-large pizzas to share with everyone. At least they liked it, so I'll give them THAT. I preferred the King Arthurs more over the UltaMeat, which gave me a gut ache. Too much meat and grease.

Next time I'll go for Pipeline Pizza...I hear they are pretty good and their prices (last I saw) were not too bad.

One place I am dying to try (not just for pizza) is Pastazza in Barkley Village. Maybe that will be one of my next ventures.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger Vinegar Martini said...

YIKES! $27.50 for a PIZZA?

The paella DH decided to make for Superbowl ended up costing us a fortune, too - between the special Spanish ham and spices, and multiple meats he insisted we put in there.

It was darn good, though!

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yowza! I haven't been to Round Table in a long time. That's shocking!

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Round Table pizza. I get the King Arthur Supreme without mushrooms, add fresh tomato. We're only shopping for 2 but it is expensive. I always try to have coupons. I also love the Pizza Hut pan pizza which is more reasonable so thats who we call for delivery.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I went there and got one of their tiny personal pizzas for $9 and they charge for ranch. Other places around here give away ranch and have bigger personal pizzas (and better) for less $. I'll never go back there and would not be surprised if the recession takes them the way of another bad company, circuit city.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home