Monday, July 09, 2007

Irony is funny sometimes

Yesterday after writing my post about eating and living healthy I had to run an errand for my husband (who just recently decided to take a weekend job to help put money towards his old school Ramcharger that needs way too much work done to it- plus tires which are not even cheap for his gas guzzler!), so I went into town and took care of business. On my way out of town, I decided to go through the drive-through at Wendy's and get my daughter a Frosty (those are so good, I don't care what anyone says, they taste like an old fashioned soft-serve malt ice cream). I decided to try their Frosty Root Beer Float or whatever it's called. I would say it's ironic, but I haven't really had a treat in a while, so hey...


My thoughts on their Root Beer Float? I liked the ice cream with a little bit of the Root Beer, but overall it was far too sweet for my tastes. I don't know what it is about me lately, but as time goes by I find many things either too rich, too salty or too sweet for my tastes. I can't eat certain foods I used to because of it. Other than the sweetness factor, it was a nice treat, but I think I'll just stick to the Frosty next time. It's not too sweet.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been tempted to try that too, but have yet to do it. Glad you took the calories for me :) lol!

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's a nice treat, but if you split it with your kids it'll help. Or get a bite from theirs. I just thought it was wayyyy too sweet.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger sher said...

Yeah, thanks for tasting it for me! :):) I don't like things that are too sweet. Real root beer floats usually are not that sweet, as I remember. What will you taste test next?

 
At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't tried that Frosty float, but that's because down here in the South we have Sonic and nobody does better ice creamy treats than Sonic, with the possible exception of Dairy Queen, but that is a matter of taste. I prefer Sonic.

I LOOOOOVE the root beer floats from Sonic. I'm also a huge fan of that soft ice cream. And I, too, do not usually go for things that are sweet at all and anything that is too sweet I simply wouldn't eat. For instance, I love Hagen Daaz and BlueBell (local) ice creams, but I hate Ben & Jerry's.

Anyway, I assume that means that Sonic root beer floats aren't too sweet. I suppose that is a very fine distinction though since it is all sweet stuff.

Sonic root beer floats are also sweetly nostalgic for me... I would get one once a week on my way home from "parenting/birthing" classes when I was pregnant with my son.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home