Thursday, July 19, 2007

Recipe Review: Easy Sugar Cookies (All Recipes)

This was an easy recipe to follow, I promised a friend of mine that I would bake some cookies to bring to an event I have to attend later today, and decided on this. I didn't have Cream of Tartar so I couldn't make the Snickerdoodles I wanted, so I looked online and found this recipe. I used butter-flavored shortening instead of butter because I love the texture it gives the cookies (although I do not like the idea of trans-fats...but I really didn't want to use what little butter I had left). It was simple but after mixing it, the dough was rather dry, so I had to add a little bit of water to the mix to make the dough cooperate while I was handrolling them into little balls. Instead of using just vanilla extract, I added lemon extract to it as well to give it a bit of a kick, and some Cinnamon as well.

When they came out of the oven and cooled down we tasted them. I am not pleased with how they turned out but my husband said they were fine. They taste a bit...I can't even put it into words. Like it's missing something. I did everything I was supposed to, and put in all the ingredients I was supposed to, so I wasn't missing anything. It just had this funky taste. Or maybe I'm just funky. I don't know. Hopefully the crowd likes them. We shall see. (And I apologize but I did NOT take pictures!)

Easy Sugar Cookies
by Stephanie on All-Recipes

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
  2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients. Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden. Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to cool on wire racks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home