Friday, July 13, 2007

NFB: Surviving the hottest day in the Pac NW

On Wednesday, July 11th, we set records all over Western Washington state with high 90s all over the place. Up here in Bellingham, we broke the record and it got as hot as 94°F according to the news. Where I live in Whatcom County, it was up to 98°F from what I heard from neighbors. Watching King5 news at 11pm, it was still 91°F at 11:15pm! I did what I could to keep my daughter and myself as cool as possible, so I thought I'd share a couple of pictures from our adventures that day!


Behold- our hot weather gear. Notice the purple bucket to the left? That was filled with cold water we were tossing onto each other. Then we have the essential SPF 30 sunblock by Banana Boat, a bottle of DEET to keep the mosquitoes from biting me, a green sports bottle of water for the active girl (my daughter, not me! HAH!), and a blue cup of ice cold water for myself:



My daughter was insistent on riding her bike, so I let her and I watched while sitting on our porch in the shade. Every 5 minutes I had her drinking from her green bottle:


It was a fine day indeed, but it's not something I'd like to relive anytime soon!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger Donna @ Snowbound said...

Wow! That does sound extremely hot! I'm glad you were prepared! I'm sick of hot muggy days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home