Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Otter Pops- another low-cal, low-sugar treat

Our local Costco had this box of 200 Otter Pops for $7.69+tax, so I said, what a good way to treat the neighborhood kids and my daughter during the heat, and we bought it. Curious at how much sugar and calories were in each pop, I looked at the nutrition information and saw that each pop (one will suffice per child, in my opinion) was 25 calories and had only 6 grams of sugar. Even as an adult, having 2 Otter Pops isn't a lot to make a dent in your daily caloric and sugar intake (again, in my opinion). Plus it's a classic kid favorite, right?

Now, everyday I am known as the "Otter Pop Lady" around this neighborhood...and we've already gone through about one-third of the box, but it's a nice treat (especially for today and tomorrow- we're looking at 90s with humidity here. Yuck.).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are a cool mom!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home